The filter in your air conditioner is a crucial component. It helps to guarantee system efficiency, prevent costly repairs and improve your indoor air quality. If you don’t change your filter often, it can turn on you and affect your Ocala, Florida home.
Consequences of a Dirty AC Filter
Dirt buildup in your air filter can affect your home, health and even your pocket. Here’s how:
- It can cause the blower fan in your AC system to work harder than usual. This means your air conditioner is wasting unnecessary energy, which leads to higher utility bills.
- It can cause your evaporator coils to freeze due to insufficient airflow, which can lead to complete system breakdowns.
- It will ll cause dirt to spread around your home, which can lead household members to experience allergy and asthma symptoms.
When to Change Your Air Conditioner Filter
We recommend changing your air filter every 60 days. But if you have pets at home, consider doing so every 30 days instead. If you’re not completely sure how many days have gone by or you checked your filter and it still looks like it could last a couple more weeks, keep the following signs in mind:
- You or your family members start to experience allergy symptoms at home. Changing your air filter will help create a healthier indoor environment.
- Air vents seem to be covered in dust. Extra dust around your vents might be caused by a dirty air filter. Replacing it will help alleviate the amount of dust around your home.
- Your energy bills increased. This can be due to inefficient home cooling. Changing your air filter and scheduling preventive maintenance can help.
Changing your air conditioner filter is a simple but powerful task. Order new filters for your air conditioner by contacting our experts at Sun Kool Air Conditioning, Inc. today.
Image provided by Thinkstock