Ocala & The Villages Residents Breathe Easier with our Indoor Air Quality Services
In recent years, the effects of poor air quality on overall health have been discussed by scientists, doctors, journalists and consumer advocates. You’ve likely heard about health problems caused by breathing air laden with smog and other particle pollutants. Unfortunately, you might not be aware that the same air quality issues that can plague you outdoors can also affect you indoors.
Are You Breathing Unhealthy Air at Home or Work?
Every day, millions of Americans breathe unhealthy air at home or work. Many of these individuals don’t even know that their space suffers from poor air quality until they develop respiratory problems and consult an HVAC professional. Be on the lookout for these signs, which can indicate that you are breathing unhealthy air:
- Family members who suffer from asthma, allergies or just a scratchy throat have an increased number of respiratory attacks with no medical explanation
- You notice that some rooms in your home are always warmer or cooler than other rooms
- You can smell mildew or musty odors throughout your home
- Scents tend to linger in rooms for a long time
- You can smell outdoor pollutants indoors even when all doors and windows are shut
Understanding Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is measured in terms of how many pollutants are present in the air that you breathe. Buildings that are said to have poor IAQ feature air that is heavily polluted. These pollutants can pose risks to your health, so it is best practice to have an expert assess the situation. Our professional technicians can investigate your home or building’s indoor air quality and make suggestions that will improve the air you breathe. Sources of indoor air pollutants include:
- Dust, pollen, dirt and dander
- Growth of mildew
- Chemical pollutants found in carpeting, upholstery and household cleaning products
- Particle pollutants such as smog, car exhaust and cigarette smoke
- Carbon monoxide and other noxious gases
If you and your family members suddenly feel light-headed, nauseous or extremely fatigued, leave your house immediately and ask a professional to test carbon monoxide levels.
Understanding Your IAQ Improvement Options
Learning that your home or business suffers from poor IAQ can be disappointing. Thankfully, you have options when it comes to improving IAQ. One of the first steps you can take is to remove pollutants from your home if possible. You may also want to have your home’s ductwork sealed and have a contractor inspect the structure for any leaks. The friendly technicians at Sun Kool Air Conditioning can also help you choose one of the following IAQ improvement devices depending on your particular needs:
- Air Cleaners
- Air Purifiers
- Air Dehumidifiers
- Ventilation Systems
Using Patriot IAQ Products to Support Our Troops
Indoor air quality is a critical factor for the health of your family. At Sun Kool Air Conditioning, we offer Patriot IAQ solutions that help homeowners breathe cleaner and healthier air inside their homes. In addition to improving the quality of the air inside your home or business, Patriot IAQ solutions also increase the efficiency and longevity of your HVAC system by ensuring it’s clean and free of microbial growth. Here’s how the Patriot IAQ solutions work to improve IAQ in your home or business:
- Patriot PCO is an advanced whole-house air purifier that uses photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) to destroy particles as small as 0.001 microns in size, helping to neutralize volatile organic compounds and eliminate stubborn odors.
- Patriot UV works to keep you HVAC system’s coils free of microbial growth by disinfecting them as well as the interior of the system. As a result, it improves IAQ by killing bacteria, germs, viruses and allergens in the air.
We give back to the men and women who serve our country. For every purchase of a Patriot PCO and UV indoor air quality solution, Sun Kool Air Conditioning will give 3 percent of the proceeds to veterans through the Warrior Events program. For more information, contact us today. We serve The Villages, Ocala and Leesburg, FL.